At RockerDown we will always give you digital files of all the photos we take too so your sitting fee comes with everything you might need with no hidden costs or unexpected need to upgrade. Our rates are different based on whether they are on location or in the studio but our commitment to making sure you and we are all satisfied before the session is done.
Note: Why do newborn sessions cost more? Our newborn sessions cover children in the 1st month of life. Newborns are unpredictable. With a newborn session we block our calendar off for 4 hours and sometimes even have to reschedule for another day at no added cost to any of our clients. With newborns, patience is key.
WHAT TO WEAR TO MY MATERNITY SHOOT?
- Wear anything that you really love! Comfort is key.
- PATTERNED CLOTHING – I like to ask people to avoid strong patterns in clothing. We want to focus on you and the belly and not compete with that focus with “loud clothing”. If you are like me (a crazy redhead), then this may be an unavoidable situation in which case this is your personality and go ahead and bring clothes with whatever patterns you love.
- COLORS – I like solid colors ranging from light to dark: white, black, brown, gray. I’m not a huge fan of yellow, though.
- SHIRTS – Tube tops with underwear of the same color are a must if you want your belly to show. Cardigans and extra long outer-wear sweaters (that open down the front) are perfect for this too. Try to bring shirts that unbutton all down the front. Your man’s shirts are fine for this.
- PANTS – jeans or stretchy pants are fine! “Booty” shorts are fine too.
- SLEEVES – Bring an assortment of long and short-sleeved options.
- STYLE – Look for a combination of flowy and clingy clothes. I like to shoot in a variety of poses and wardrobes.
WHAT SHOULD MY HUSBAND WEAR?
- Jeans and Kahki’s.
- Plain white shirts – both button up and t-shirts.
- Bring solid, dark colors.
- Patience – this will take a bit.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BRING TO MY PHOTO SHOOT?
- We have lots of props here, however, you may have already purchased some shoes or a first outfit for the new one to wear when you leave the hospital.
- I always encourage my clients to look online at our past maternity shoots as well as photos from other couple’s and other photographers. Get lots of ideas and bring them with you.
WHAT BEAUTY PREPARATION SHOULD I CONSIDER?
- Get a manicure and a pedicure a day or two in advance
- Wear makeup! If you don’t choose a package that includes makeup, you’ll get the best results if you visit a makeup center prior to your shoot. Call to talk about these options.
Don’t wear anything tight to the shoot – you don’t want marks on your skin. This is most challenging with tight bras and underwear. Since we’ll be in varying states of “almost” undress, we want to be sure you look your best.